CODE OF CONDUCT
Revision 0.0 Nov 19, 2006Revision 1.0 Feb 21, 2008
We welcome your participation in mocofootball.com, however as a courtesy to all users we ask for your cooperation in abiding by a few rules in order to maintain your active membership within these message boards.
Communicating in a chat room or on message boards is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words.
Remember that the words you enter in a burst of passion or indignant anger will be there for you and everyone else to see, sometimes long after those intense feelings have passed. That's not meant to discourage spontaneity, but just a friendly reminder of the long-term existence and effects of what you post.
You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.
We intend to provide the highest quality community experience for all of our members and following these guidelines is the best way to maintain a quality environment for all users. If we find that you break any of these rules, your account may be suspended or banned and your posting privileges removed. These rules are very basic and we hope that you read them fully. Thank you for your cooperation.
Temporary suspension will result from abuse of the following rules… Continued abuse following suspension will result in a permanent ban.
- I - Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member, individual, team member or any person. Name-calling, personal insults, etc. against fellow posters, team members or individuals, are included in this. These violations can result in banning.
- II - Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images. Masking foul language is not a way around this. Also, posts with obvious or hidden sexual content or innuendos. Cutting and pasting another posters message that contains a violation, can be considered a violation on your part as well. User names that are considered offensive and/or inappropriate are also a violation. Posts that are all in caps (no need to yell, or abuse this) can be deleted (because they can be bothersome). Also, posts on the wrong forums will either be moved or deleted. Please use the correct forum for your posts meaning majority General Montgomery County football talk on the General Discussions board and The County Congregation board is for discussing issues regarding almost anything in regards to Montgomery County.
- III - Any communication that contains spam (multiple copies in one area or the same communication in multiple areas).
- IV - Material that defames, abuses or threatens others. Threats of any types will result in immediate banning.
- V - Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
- VI - Victimization or retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members via PM, forum posting, chat or any other methods will not be tolerated and result in immediate banning.
- VII - Personal attacks such as flaming, instigating “flame bait”, verbal abuse or mocking of members in forum posts are not tolerated.
- VIII - No trolling. Posts intended solely to annoy and/or offend other posters by going against the clear nature of a board or topic are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: Provoking other users to respond with flames, Provoking fans of a particular team or group, Making misleading topic titles and asking obviously useless questions.
- IX - No spamming. Initiating threads or posts that contribute nothing to a forum, be it off topic or on topic. Examples include: empty bodies, bodies with few words that have no relation to the current thread or discussion and those posts that state they are spam, either to annoy, advertise or increase a member’s post count.
- X - Any impersonation or use of a user from these forums, in any mode of communication, is strictly prohibited and will result in a suspension or banning.
- XI - Pornography in posts or links containing pornographic material is strictly prohibited and will be deleted resulting in possible suspension.
- XII - Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- XIII - Unauthorized copyrighted material. Cutting and pasting stories from other sites without credit is discouraged. It is “an illegal act” and all messages with copyright violations are subject to deletion upon discovery.
- XIV - Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation.
- XV - Personal battles will posters that you have an issue with are not permitted and all such posts will be deleted and members could risk losing posting rights.
- XVI - Material that impedes or otherwise prohibits communication; disrupts the discussion including, without limitation, using fan names in topical boards that are offensive to the topic, the team, the sport and/or its fans, and repeatedly posting off-topic messages in a topical message board.
Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery. While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of the violation, MoCoFOOTBALL.com and/or Excoboard at their sole discretion may terminate a member's account.
Do remember that this is a high school football forum in which the majority of talk involves high school students and sometimes younger. Although it is not in conjunction with any official county member, we must abide such rules and respect all members.
All posters agree to this code of conduct and will post with the understanding that they must follow the code and that if it is updated at any time, you must still abide by the changes in the code.
MODERATORS: kdogg, MontcoObserver
Legal Notes / Imprint
Note: This forum is created by Michael Cornejo ("kdogg") for the advancement of interest of Montgomery County Maryland High School Football.
Michael R. M. Cornejo
We do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this website is accurate, complete or current. The messages posted within the site express the views of the author of the message, and do not represent the views of it's owners, administrators or moderators. This site does not authenticate the information members post on our site, but if we think that you are using the site in ways that undermine their purpose, we reserve the right to delete/edit your posting without prior warning. This does not only apply to the content in itself, but also to any kind of unwanted behaviour expressed through messages posted on this website. Owners, administrators and moderators arent in any way responsible for users behaviour on this forum, only the user is. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify the webmaster, the administrators and/or the moderator of that particular forum immediately.
Liability claims regarding damage caused by the use of any information provided, including any kind of information which is incomplete or incorrect, or any behaviour expressed, will therefore be rejected. All offers are not-binding and without obligation. Parts of the pages or the complete publication including all offers and information might be extended, changed or partly or completely deleted by the author without separate announcement.
Referrals and links
We are not responsible for any contents linked or referred to from this website - unless we have full knowledge of illegal contents and would be able to prevent the visitors of his site from viewing those pages. If any damage occurs by the use of information presented there, only the author of the respective pages might be liable, not the one who has linked to these pages.
User Forum and User Driven Information
MoCoFootball.com allows members to place messages and information on the forum. Members are held solely and personally responsible for their posts and the repercussions of something said or written.
Should you wish to place information on the forum, you agree to abide the terms, conditions and rules you find on this page and in the general user agreement during registration. We reserve the right to remove, edit or ammend any information or statement from the site without warning.
The input of personal data (email addresses, name, addresses) takes place voluntarily.
Any information supplied to us via forum profile, private messages on the forums or via e-mail is only collected to operate the MoCoFootball.com website. Please note that we will not share your personal information collected online from this forum for direct marketing purposes. Furthermore we will not share your data with any third parties for their marketing purposes.
Finally, we reserve the right to disclose visitor information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other visitors, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. This includes our right to exchange information with other organizations in order to protect against fraud. We also reserve the right to disclose visitor information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
This site makes forums and a chat room available to its users. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information on a message board or other public forum, that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. If you choose to voluntarily disclose information on a forum board, chat room or other public forum on this site, this privacy statement will not cover such disclosure of information. We urge you to use caution when disclosing any personal information on these media.
The author intended not to use any copyrighted material for the publication or, if not possible, to indicate the copyright of the respective object. The copyright for any material created by the author is reserved.
Legal validity of this disclaimer
This disclaimer is to be regarded as part of the internet publication which you were referred from. If sections or individual terms of this statement are not legal or correct, the content or validity of the other parts remain uninfluenced by this fact.